What FDI can offer you!
Are you looking for a position you feel like you have made a difference at the end of your day? We, at FDI, are proud to have a reputation for being the leading private drawbridge operations and maintenance company.
This position will directly support the CEO in the execution of complex and interesting work on our bridges, over the waterways. You will be a part of everyday operations, supporting the CEO in various projects and administrative support. Couple that with some amazing benefits and competitive salary and you may just find a home to grow your career.
Our Benefits Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave and Vacation
What we are looking for...
We are seeking an experienced, reliable and task orientated Executive Assistant. If you are a self motivated professional, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing daily tasks in a fast paced corporate environment, this is a great opportunity!
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
Skills and Requirements
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Managing executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings as needed
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping pace with the CEO’s needs.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Higher level education
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Florida Drawbridges Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws .
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Executive Assisstant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Pompano Beach, FL 33060 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture