Opening for Dental Assistant: The key to our success is the team of professionals that enable the focus on creating beautiful, healthy smiles — one patient at a time. Our team draws on their organizational and interpersonal communication skills to manage the practice. If you’d like to add your experience to a progressive practice that offers well-defined career paths, please apply for our current opening in the coastal Georgia/ Savannah area.
Our growing company is seeking a highly motivated and positive individual with great organizational and communication skills to join our team of practice clinical support as a Dental Assistant. The primary responsibility of this highly motivated and positive individual is to work under a Dentist’s supervision to prepare equipment that will be used in dentistry procedures. They must ensure patients feel comfortable for the duration of a variety of complex procedures by passing instruments, holding suction in place and generally anticipating the Dentist’s needs. Patient care is our number one priority.
The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
* Obtain the patient chart (after reviewing in advance) and lay out appropriate equipment for the procedure set up.
* Greeting and seating the patient in treatment room, making sure patient in comfortable and at ease.
* Performing non-invasive procedures, such as applying topical anesthetic or positioning a dental dam.
* Taking necessary radiographs.
* Review patient medical history, chart and any applicable films.
* Passing necessary equipment to Dentist during a procedure and anticipating Dentist’s needs.
* Updating patient records as directed by Dentist.
* Scheduling patients and answering practice phone when necessary.
* Performing follow up post operative phone calls to patients after a procedure.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner
* Ability to learn new software and skill sets to work with established company systems
* Willing to effectively participate as a team member with the office personnel and motivate others
* Committed to the protection of confidential information, records and/or reports
* Good organizational skills
* Desire to uphold the highest standards for sterilization, HIPPA and OSHA compliance
* 2-5 years of experience within the dental field preferred, Minimum 1-2 years experience
* Complete understanding of dental procedures and ADA codes
* Ability to properly prepare a clinical area
* Thoroughly clean and sterilize instruments, handpieces, and rooms for complete infection control
* Take precise xrays, expose dental diagnostic film with developer
* Perform simple laboratory procedures such as take alginate impressions, pour up models and trim, and make bleaching trays, splints/ nightguards.
* Apply topical anesthetic
* Obtain vital signs
* American Red Cross certification in CPR with a complete understanding of handling an emergency situation with CPR and first aid
* Accurately record patient data on patient records as directed by Dentist
* Expanded duties such as making temporary crowns, packing cord or placing sealants
* Providing informative post operative instructions to patient after dental procedure and ability to answer patient questions
* Experience using computer technology and MS Office, Experience with Eaglesoft is a plus
* Strong interpersonal and active listening communication skills.
* Detail oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and work under deadlines.
* Desire to learn on the job and attend continuing education opportunities.
* Excellent customer service skills. (We mean the absolute best.)
* Strong telephone, communication and time management skills
* May be required to work a flexible schedule to cover hours from 7am until 7pm, Monday through Friday and some Saturdays. Applicants must be able to work at least one Saturday a month.
Please submit letter of application, resume, and salary history/requirements to the Email within this posting. All application packages received will be kept confidential. Please do not call regarding this job opening, Emails are welcome. Applicants will be contacted directly to set up interview.
Dental Wellness Center offers employment opportunities that promote professional, personal and financial growth. We work extremely hard to provide our team members with continuous professional development and a supportive work environment. Competitive wages, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future. For more information about us: www.DentalWellnessGA.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (Required)
- professional: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative