- Produces high quality MRI diagnostic images while providing excellent patient care.
Shift: Monday - Friday, Days
Location: Astoria, NY
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Treats patients and customers with courtesy and respect.
- Checks referral for appropriate study. Calls referring physician when in doubt or with questions as necessary.
- Assures room is ready prior to the patient entering the room (i.e. Equipment is operable and all supplies are readily available).
- Understands and uses TR, TE, flip angel, slice thickness, acquisitions, field of view and other adjustments and factors on the equipment in order to produce high quality images.
- Checks patient histories and has patient sign waiver, if necessary.
- Ensures there is an exam order; if an order correction needs to be made, the technologist corrects the order with the referring physician's approval, always maintaining compliance.
Job Type: Full-time
- MRI Technologist: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement