You will be responsible for:
Under the supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for coordinating the purchase of all pharmaceuticals and supplies. The Buyer will be responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels in work all areas and inventory control. This position will serve as a pharmacy technician when needed and will participate in all physical inventory counts, as well as the weekend and holiday rotation schedule.
- Transmit and Process all pharmaceutical orders daily
- Scan in pharmaceuticals through e receiving program
- Place Drug Order with Drug Wholesaler, checks in order when it arrives, and prepare the invoice for submission to accounts payable.
- Purchase all pharmaceuticals for pharmacy department and hospital owned clinics through wholesalers and direct vendors
- Set up new accounts with vendors for direct purchases
- GPO, WAC and 340B Contract compliance
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy department.
- Coordinate all emergency or expedited procurement arrangements
- Inform Leadership Team of inventory concerns, contract changes etc.
- Coordinates pharmaceutical product recalls, all reverse logistic activities RASMAS
- Coordinate and oversees pharmaceutical sales representative activities within the department
- Reconcile all incoming invoices from vendors and code for accounting purposes
- Prepare monthly client invoices for billing
- Complete all charge/credit transactions and pending charges daily
- Responsible for training of personnel in purchasing and contract compliance as necessary
- Inspect Pharmacy inventory for items needing to be restocked, for items that are out of date or no-longer safe for use.
- Serve as liaison with Drug Wholesaler with regards to hard to find items, problems with invoices, emergency shipments, and shipping schedules.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, required, SAP, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Very organized and highly attune to detail.
- Experience as hospital pharmacy technician and purchasing
- Excited to provide great customer service and be a team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Graduate
- 3-5 years of experience as closed door or hospital pharmacy technician
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- TN Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
Job Type: Full-time
- Transaction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory: 3 years (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician License (Required)