Cast Nylons Limited located on the east side of Cleveland in Willoughby is currently searching for a Logistics-Inventory Manager. We are a fast-paced, growth-oriented, global supplier of cast nylon and other engineering plastics, with locations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In its 38th year of operation and among the leaders in its industry, CNL is driven to provide high-value engineering plastics to its global customers through trust, collaboration, innovation, learning, and speed. A private, family-owned business.
Summary of Role
The Logistics-Inventory Manager organizes and monitors the shipping, receiving, storage and distribution and some production scheduling over the Finishing area (saws, planer, inspection) of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. Ensures adequate inventory of materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy. Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems. Develops and implements inventory control procedures. Coordinates and manages daily physical cycle counts. Strong system background to leverage the ERP system. Trains and manages the shipping and receiving teams. Requires a bachelor's degree with experience with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks, with a hands-on management style. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with solid process and systems experience.
- Provides daily direction & leadership to the Logistics Center team members. Must develop key metrics and report on the daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintains working relationships with transportation representatives, vendors and suppliers to ensure cost control and competitiveness. Ensures we are achieving cost reductions and on-time metrics with our customers.
- Responsible for ensure daily orders are pick, shipped on-time and expedited according to customer expectations. Must maintain the appropriate evidence to handle claims and returns.
- Strong ERP background and proven ability to process map and make improvements.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse, shipping and receiving department. Anticipates and requests funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipates and requests funding for future material handling equipment.
- Accountable for staffing, training and motivation of the employees of the Logistics Center; develops a teamwork environment, builds departmental standards for performance, ensures that all employees in the Logistics Center are properly trained.
- Conducts annual reviews for Logistics Center employees. Responsible for the hiring of new employees, as well as documenting and enacting disciplinary actions, up to and including employee terminations.
- Purchases and stores supplies necessary to assure timely shipment of finished product to the customer. . Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
- Must have OSHA knowledge and experience
- Conducts physical inventory counts to assure inventory and cycle count adjustments are accurate.
- Responsible for all incoming, outgoing, and warehouse movements of materials. Ensures materials shipped & received are verified against proper documentation, and ERP system is kept updated.
- Promotes continuous improvement.
Other Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- APICS Certification a STRONG plus
- 10+ years of experience of proven logistics and inventory management
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ability to plan, manage, and balance multiple projects, tasks, customer demands
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel or Access
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with International Shipments
- Broad knowledge of accounting concepts, especially inventory accounting and shipping procedures
- Experience in manufacturing required; the chemical and / or plastics industries preferred
Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered.
Benefits: Excellent Compensation package including company-wide incentive program, Medical, Rx, Dental, STD, LTD, FSA, Life, 401-K, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
- logistics: 10 years (Preferred)