Extended Job Title
Chief Nursing Officer
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691032 - Regional Administration Operations
This position provides leadership, management and oversight of the organization’s nursing and quality operations throughout the TTUHSC Managed Care Sector. Provide direct oversight of organizational development, to ensure effective services are administered and provided to the target population and surrounding community. Solicits and reinforces constructive and professional relationships with organizations, companies, municipalities, etc. with which the organization partners and/or sub-contracts with, for the provision of quality health care services. Serves as nurse point of contact for the department.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential function, as well as the physical and mental requirements satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral
Up to 50%
1. Steering progressive clinical excellence through staff development to include partnering with internal peers to create a nurse leadership and succession plan.
2. Sharing responsibility for nurse team member engagement, recruitment and retention.
3. Ensure all regulatory requirements are met by implementing a robust auditing and quality program to measure clinical outcomes and deliverables.
4. Research, source, implement and oversee electronic utilization management tool and team.
5. Develop, implement and oversee an employee wellness program to ensure appropriate reporting and tracking of employee health initiatives.
6. In conjunction with the EDs management team participates in the development and implementation of the mission, vision and values of the organization, including high quality, patient focused health care.
7. Assist ED management team in new clinical program development, ensuring participatory decision making and appropriate design and implementation.
8. Responsible for ensuring program and corporate compliance with primary health care policies and procedures, as well as with those external regulatory bodies such as ACA, HIPPA, CLIA and other professional review and standards boards.
9. Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans, governance structure and objectives for practice management and unit operations.
10. Ensure staff compliance with the adopted health care plan as it relates to the stated objectives (problems/needs) the organization’s clinical goals and the method of achieving the benchmarks listed.
11. In conjunction with the ED, is responsible for the execution of the plan of operations and coordinating corresponding budgets reflecting the volume, revenues, expenses, staffing and capital needs of the organization.
12. Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and project management.
13. Analyzes, recommends and supports practices seeking to improve performance on quality measures to engage in work redesign, changes in organization systems, policies and procedures, and quality improvement process within the organization.
14. Seeks and evaluates process improvement information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by management, and adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement events.
15. Multidisciplinary integration and collaboration to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of global nursing and quality function.
16. Work side by side with executives in developing transformational strategies in the adoption of process improvement and guide staff in the implementation and execution of process improvement tools and methods.
17. Assists ED in oversight of community outreach programs and may represent organization as a member on community outreach committees/groups within the community.
18. Resolves problems related to utilization of nurse staffing and healthcare outcomes throughout the organization.
19. Participates and ensures the development of organizational guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with funding source requirements, as well as State and Federal law.
20. Attend seminars, training sessions and in-services, to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration and health care delivery systems as needed.
21. Participate in staff, management and provider meetings, as necessary.
22. Ensures that all decisions/actions are in line with the Health Sciences Center and MC strategic planning/mission/vision.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN). Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Texas. Master’s degree with emphasis on Health Care Administration or other related Master’s program preferred. A minimum of seven to ten years of progressively responsible administration experience in a health care delivery, hospital, large clinic or plan environment. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and empathy towards patients, as well as have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, the ability to handle stressful situations, the capacity to function independently, have varied nursing operations experience, and the ability to document meticulously.
2. Must have excellent nursing skills and able to understand clinic functions and department interactions.
3. Knowledge of practice management components, particularly in cost constrained environments.
4. Knowledge of regulatory compliance i.e., HIPPA, PHI and ACA.
5. Ability to manage and supervise various positions in a matrixed environment and relate well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, as well as have a passion for working with culturally diverse populations.
6. Basic understanding of information technology and ability to organize, analyze and synthesize complex data from various sources.
7. Able to read and interpret financial statements, develop and nurture vendor relationships for purchasing optimization.
8 Able to adapt process improvement in accordance with organization objectives.
9. Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the organization’s needs/demands.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Regional Administration Operations
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
First Line Other Admn
Other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred. Seven years progressively responsible management experience required. Education beyond bachelor's level may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.