Job Title: Software Engineer (Android Software Developer)
Location: Tampa, Florida 33607
Contract: 3-12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist, support and collaborate with peer engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Uses Android Studio and SDK Tools and Java programming language to design, build,
- Deploy and sustain advanced application libraries for the Android platform.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from conception to delivery.
- Works with custom ROMS, third-party libraries and APIs on devices.
- Works in an Agile Scrum team environment to support all business objectives to include:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and modifying systems including coding, testing, and
- Ensuring timely completion of projects and high quality, supportable code
- Reviewing business specifications
- Developing technical specifications
- Working with end-users
- Providing project estimates
- Effectively communicating with developers, testers, end-users and technology
- Design code for applications using structured models such as Unified Modelling
- Language (UML) diagrams
- Establish software system specifications, integration and test plans, and test criteria for
- communication systems
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with QA standards.
- Proven experience in *NATIVE* Android mobile application development using Android SDK, Android Studio and/or Eclipse Android Development Toolkit (ADT) Plugin
- Android open source software stack and Application Programmer Interfaces (API)
- Java programming language
- Experience with Git source control system
- Software component/unit test, integration and debugging
- Software development and modern application design using structured models
- Requirements analysis and traceability, configuration and document management
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail, including strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to learn and work quickly
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision-making and analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Other current modern programming languages and development tool sets (E.g. C#, C++,
- Implementing Commercial Solutions for Classified Programs (CSfC)
- Working to and evolving CMMI level 3 processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Some CONUS travel may be required
Job Type: Contract
- “Native” Android mobile applications: 3 years
- Agile methodology: 3 years
- Android Studio,SDK tools & Custom ROMS: 3 years
- 3rd party libraries and API’s on mobile devices: 3 years
- Java programming: 3 years
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams: 3 years
Required work authorization: