Master Electronics has an exciting career opportunity for an Account Manager Assistantthat willreport to the Sales Branch Manager in Minneapolis, MN. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Master Electronics is a leading authorized distributor of electronic components dedicated to stocking breadth of part numbers. Founded in 1967, Master Electronics has been supplying top quality components for industrial, military, medical, aerospace and consumer applications. Master is franchised for over 250 suppliers and stocks over 350,000 unique parts, including world-class brands such as ebm-papst, Honeywell, ITT Cannon, Omron Electronics, Panasonic, and TE Connectivity.
We’re seeking a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to make a difference as the company evolves. As such, this position is ideal for an individual who can prioritize, provide excellent customer service and be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Provide professional administrative support to the Sales Branch Manager and Field Sales
- Record/input sales orders in company internal system as well as primary customers system, order processing, purchasing, backlog, cancellations, exchanges, ensure the sales data spreadsheets and reporting are completed and kept up to date on a daily basis
- Enter and modify sales-related data (i.e. ordering processing, purchasing, vendor and customer backlog, cancellations) into our company’s internal information system.
- Administer or uses the company-wide Return Material Authorization system by working with the warehouses, inside salespeople and accounting to address incorrect shipments and billings.
- Partners daily with the Warehouse Department to ensure timely deliveries
- Partners with internal resources (e.g., Field Sales, Sales Operations Manager, Sales Managers and VP of Sales) to produce weekly and monthly reports.
- Answers customer inquiries as quickly and efficiently as possible ensuring adherence to service level
- Uses active listening techniques and creative problem solving while building a positive rapport with the customer and the Warehouse Department.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager
- Contribute and implement new ideas to help improve and produce ideal operational processes.
- Manages expectations and projects with a professional attitude by complying with company policies and procedures at all times
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 2 years of previous customer service center experience
- Ability to work with Microsoft (MS) Office, with focus on demonstrated working knowledge of MS Excel
- Proficient in navigating in proprietary sales/inventory management tools
- Ability to work well in time-sensitive situations where customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques to situations using sound business judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in an effective, timely and professional manner
- Proven ability to apply attention to detail, role-related accuracy and task follow-through
- Team-oriented operating style with effective interpersonal skills that allow successful business interactions with individuals of all leadership styles, personalities, and career levels (e.g. sales, accounting, warehouses)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associates degree (e.g. A.A., A.S., etc.)
- Previous AMAT experience
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401(k) matching program and an EAP program.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service center: 2 years
- sales/inventory database: 2 years
- MS Office: 2 years