You'll work on the Research Team investigating the latest technologies and computational techniques relevant to data integration, virtualization, privacy, and analysis. You'll evaluate the utility of the technology or technique, it's relevance to Immuta, and, when relevant, build prototype integrations or demonstrations. The members of this team have deep knowledge of distributed systems and backgrounds in applied math.
Beyond your team, you’ll work closely with the Applied Data Science and Customer Success teams to understand customer use cases, usage patterns, and feedback. You’ll work closely with the Legal Engineering team to understand trends in regulations and best practices on a variety of regulatory & privacy related topics. Finally, you’ll work closely with the Product Team to ensure successful hand off and productization of research prototypes that transition to product features.
There is a great variety to the projects you’ll work on, but a common theme is that they are groundbreaking work in this field, suitable for publishing and/or patenting. Some examples of current projects include differential privacy and enhancements to Immuta’s implementation of it, mathematical techniques to fingerprint data and graphically represent to non-technical users changes in said fingerprint due to policy-driven data transformation, techniques for transforming streaming data based on data access policies.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS WHO...
- have a strong background in their field, have a strong background in mathematics & statistics, and have a desire to apply their background to research centered on data privacy, protection, and governance
- are outstanding problem solvers, can understand tradeoffs without becoming stuck in analysis paralysis, can tackle tough challenges with innovative thinking and determination,
- have excellent communication skills and can effectively convey the results of investigation for productization and convey the results of analysis / investigations at conferences, in papers, and in other media such as blog posts,
- have expertise in R or Python or can easily leverage their experience with other tools to become experts in those
TECHNOLOGIES YOU'LL USE
- Immuta's Data Platform
- Python, Pandas, PySpark
- Hadoop, Spark, SparkSQL
- Various Distributed Data Processing Frameworks
- Various Machine Learning Frameworks
- Various Business Intelligence Tools
- SQL expertise
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and associated libraries suited to data science, preferably Python or R,
- Familiarity with version control software
- Experience with distributed or high performance computing
- A strong statistics & math background
- Experience building predictive models
- Understanding of privacy and working in regulated environments