Provide a proactive, consultative approach to banking that will build customer relationships based on trust and the ability to identify financial needs and recommend solutions. This position will perform teller duties by accurately processing transactions and providing prompt, efficient customer service and act as a consultant to customers by educating on products. The position is relied upon to facilitate referrals to other departments and contributes to the financial growth of the banking center. This position will perform a broad range of banking center operations activities providing services to customers while demonstrating the GBC Vision, Telling the GBC Story and following the GBC Employee Service Standards.
Service Area Responsibilities:
- Proactively greet customers by performing lobby management activities to connect with customers and assess reason for visiting the branch.
- Adhere to the GBC Employee Service Standards and provide service excellence by going beyond the customer’s expectations both internally and externally.
- Process deposits, wires, and various loan payments. Adhere to check cashing guidelines, record information in the system database, and issue a receipt confirming the transactions.
- Operates the teller drawer, performs accurate transactions, balancing each day and verifying cash totals.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Highly motivated team-player who is accountable for achievement of defined service and sales goals.
- Open accounts for new customers and maintenance accounts for existing customers.
- Be responsible and accountable for keeping current on all changes and being knowledgeable of all Bank products, services, and promotions to communicate clearly and accurately to our customers and other personnel.
- Assist in community awareness events to increase bank outreach and foster new business opportunities.
- Educate customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology tools and resources.
- Identify and refer when appropriate to another Bank associate/department to discuss certain financial products/services.
- Proactively contacts customers to present financial products/services or to offer a general financial overview.
- Administers consumer lending processes, educates customers regarding lending options, completes thorough loan applications, documentation.
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and overall security.
- Operates the teller drawer, performs varied account and customer servicing accountabilities.
- Notifies appropriate Bank staff when a situation poses a potential risk or when a customer demonstrates suspicious behavior.
- May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of 3 years of branch experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to speak concisely.
- Professional experience anticipating common customer concerns and analyzing current procedures and processes for available improvements.
- Experience in efficient personal organization and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate in a professional manner, a sales-oriented and relationship building demeanor.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact confidently with clients and fellow teammates.
- Being detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Able to plan, schedule, and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within established time frames.
- Able to be flexible and supportive reacting swiftly to change and adjusting priorities.
- Computer proficiency.