PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving a Dump Truck with an attenuator, for independent work or as part of a work crew. Responsible for providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate Mechanical Dump Truck to transfer debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste.
Perform required inspection of Dump Truck, prior to operating equipment
Drive truck equipped with dump body to transfer and/or transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock or paving materials: Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
Move hand and foot controls to align to Broom Sweeper for material transfer and to jerk truck forward and backward to loosen and dump material adhering to body, upon disposal.
May be designated driver according to type of material hauled as Construction; Asphalt; Highway; Litter; etc.
May be required to Drive message board and participate in clean-up with back-pack blower to move debris and trash for pick-up
May be designated according to type of equipment driven for off-highway projects as Dump-Truck Driver, Off-Highway.
Perform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
Wear proper and required PPE
Review scheduled routes assigned
Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
Perform the safe operation of a Dump Truck Driver
Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
Maintain quality of work
Track completed tasks and/or routes (per procedures)
Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop.
Over-night travel may be required
Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B with air brake endorsement & medical card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle mirrors & back-up camera.
$14 per hour
Health, dental, vision & life insurance, eligibility beginning the first of the month after 60 days
Paid Time off & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer