Do you have an innate desire to succeed when given a challenge?
Do you have a want to help improve patients' lives on a daily basis?
Do you enjoy utilizing the most advanced equipment in the industry?
Then this position is for you!
Recent advances in molecular testing make treating pathogens more efficient and faster. Catalyst Diagnostic is a start-up company that was formed to give providers robust, fast, and complete test results for infectious disease. Included in our comprehensive test directory are complete solutions to antibiotic resistance including sensitivities. Additionally, we will be performing COVID-19 tests as our first live test to start helping flatten the curve!
We are in search of an individual who will lead our laboratory in the fight against infectious disease. This individual will be a key member of the leadership team that will execute and supervise laboratory operations at our space in East Lansing, Michigan.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as Laboratory Director of our CLIA licensed laboratory
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the operational activities of a brand new clinical laboratory to support the infectious disease workflow with rapid turnaround times
- Oversee all laboratory activities and staff
- Deliver regular updates to Chief Executive Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, and Chief Financial Officer to summarize laboratory performance, turnaround times, instrument downtime, productivity, and other performance metrics
- Ensure high-quality results for all samples within the testing workflow
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly QC results and determine the validity of results, perform follow up as needed
- Oversee safety within the laboratory and ensure all safety protocols are followed
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the lab, including COLA, CLIA, OSHA, etc.
- Keep standard operating procedures up to date
- Develop and implement workflows for new assays
- Validate new and existing assays
- Provide technical direction, mentoring, and professional guidance to laboratory employees
- Resolve technical, instrument, or unexpected test results and ensure corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Evaluate the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis
- Drive expansion of the company
- Perform molecular diagnostic testing according to established SOPs
- Perform duties as assigned by the leadership team
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics or similar concentration
- MUST be currently board certified in one of the following boards:
ABB (American Board of Bioanalysis)
ABCC (American Board of Clinical Chemistry in Molecular Diagnostics)
ABMGG (American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics)
- At least 5 years supervising others in a CLIA/COLA high-complexity laboratory (preferred previous Laboratory Director)
- At least 3 years managing a molecular diagnostic laboratory
- Experience in infectious disease testing highly desirable
- Experience with QuantStudio 12K workflows
- Ideally experienced with Thermo Sensititre systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Impeccable attention to detail
Range: $100,000 to $125,000
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Paid Time
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Molecular Laboratory: 5 years (Required)
- CLIA Laboratory Management: 3 years (Required)
- East Lansing, MI 48823 (Required)
- Are you currently board certified in any of the following boards?
1. ABB (American Board of Bioanalysis)
2. ABCC (American Board of Clinical Chemistry in Molecular Diagnostics)
3.ABMGG (American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible