The Human Resource Generalist is a partner to their assigned vertical business unit. The position must be a trusted resource for the Leadership Team and employees. This role is responsible for partnering with leadership to manage employees, implementing, administering and maintaining a variety of human resource programs and providing support at various levels of the organization.
- Build strong business relationships with internal clients and key business leadership (managers and functional department heads).
- Act as a single point of contact for designated employees and / or vertical(s)
- Proactively support the delivery of HR processes and manage assigned HR projects
- Be a preliminary point of contact for managers for employee relations issues; involve the Director of HR & Key Leadership at the appropriate time.
- Understands the importance of and protects Company / employee information by keeping it confidential where necessary. Ability to effectively partner with the leadership team to keep them apprised of issues so they can be addressed fairly and promptly.
- New hire onboarding for designated groups including but not limited to involvement before starting and ensuring new hires are onboarded into our HR systems seamlessly
- Administration of company benefits including, but not limited to enrollment, termination and education for designated groups
- Support & Partner with the Payroll, Facilities, IT, Recruiting, & Finance teams, as needed
- General maintenance / use within Workday (HRIS)
- Provide necessary training to employees and managers, as required.
- Ensure compliance with necessary legislative practices and actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes as necessary
- Be available – fully understand the business and the needs of the business and be available during the key business hours of the vertical as identified by leadership.
- Promptly responding to the needs of the business at all levels.
- General HR support and assist with HR Projects, as assigned
- Excellent communications skills at a variety of levels within the organization including Senior Leadership/C-Suite Level Executives.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience working in highly sensitive employee relations cases to include claims & investigations
- Experience partnering with Leadership in performance management & disciplinary action
- Self starter, ability to get things done
- Team player; highly responsive
- Ability to work with a decentralized HR Team.
- Excellent organizational and project mgmt. skills.
- HRIS knowledge / experience; Workday preferred
- Expertise in WA employment law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-Motivated with demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be nimble and adapt to the needs of the business as they may change form day to day
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)