- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Leadership Experience
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. GK’s focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
The Purchasing Manager will be primarily responsible for company-wide procurement including purchasing quality products and services at the best price, analyzing and negotiating contracts, developing a new Purchasing department, day to day management, and formalizing the use of technology in purchasing. They will drive compliance to programs with continual communication, e-mail correspondence and physical property visits. Tracking tools will be developed to monitor individual property performance levels.
The Purchasing Manager will develop relationships with property level management and corporate personnel to facilitate obtaining business requirements affecting purchasing. They will monitor ongoing initiatives to ensure compliance of purchasing policy.
Overall, via the above, the Purchasing Manager will ensure high quality and cost savings/control on products and services to GK corporate and properties, resulting in a direct positive impact to “the bottom line”.
1. Direct and manage the implementation and maintenance of systems used for purchasing, including training and use of the systems RealPage and OpsTechnology.
2. Work directly with procurement software publishers to ensure updates/upgrades are provided and formalize contingency plans to minimize and eliminate downtime.
3. Ensure vendor-maintained catalogs are price updated in accordance to company policy and executed contracts.
4. Perform property visits to get familiar with the classification of each property and their respective communities’ requirements to ensure all purchasing needs are satisfied.
5. Work with GK corporate departments, Property Management, Facilities, Construction Services, and Information Services to ensure all purchasing needs are understood and develop a purchasing process, including National and Regional product and service contracts, to meet those needs with highest quality and lowest cost.
6. Manage internal and vendor relationships through communication of needs based on the operating requirements of the corporate department/property to ensure the standards dictated by executed agreements are fulfilled by both parties.
7. Ensure a strong negotiating position upon renegotiation/re-bid of contracts reaching their expiration date by mandating participation and monitoring compliance of contracts and agreements.
8. Develop and manage a process to receive and analyze feedback from GK corporate and the properties regarding vendor performance, including contract vendor pricing and service levels.
9. Based on the above, develop scope of products and services needed. Source vendors, bid and negotiate agreements, followed by thorough communication to management for execution process.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates leadership skills.
Ability to efficiently analyze large data sets and make sound business decisions.
Ability to build property and vendor relationships.
Ability to embrace and adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
Possesses a broad knowledge of asset operations, front and back of the house.
Ability to motivate others by ensuring their understanding of the benefits they will enjoy by supporting and managing procurement initiatives.
Ability to negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms.
Possesses basic knowledge of equipment, appliances, fixtures, finishes, and other materials used in the Construction and Building Industry.
Proficient in computers, software applications, and ERP systems such as Yardi, Prolog, Primavera, and RealPage.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Masters in Business Administration is a plus.
Minimum 10 years of multi-family, office building, real-estate, construction/renovation, capital improvement and, procurement/purchasing experience.
Minimum 5 years of work in managerial positions.
Goldrich Kest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Goldrich Kest is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.