About our Company:
Located on a quiet stretch of San Antonio’s River Walk, Hotel Havana is a 27 room historic property restored from a 1914 upscale residential hotel. Paying homage to its original spirit, all unique guest rooms and public spaces reflect a combination of Mediterranean Revival architecture, rich Spanish Colonial history, and calm Caribbean temperament, which has made Hotel Havana one of the most authentic places to stay in San Antonio. Hotel Havana also offers two distinct dining venues: Ocho, a glass-enclosed restaurant serving pan-Latin and San Antonio-fused cuisine with river views, along with Havana Bar, the downstairs cocktail lounge with velvet couches and antique leather club chairs.
Hotel Havana is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
1. Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
2. Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
3. Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
4. Collect money for all orders taken
5. Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
6. Balance cash receipts
7. Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons
8. Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
9. Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
10. Serve all Bar patrons
11. Clean bars, work areas, and tables
12. Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
13. Serve snacks or food items to customers as requested
14. Order or requisition liquors and supplies
15. Ask customers who become loud and unruly to leave
16. Slice and pit fruit for snacks and garnishing drinks
17. Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
18. Help plan, organize, and control the operations of the Cocktail Lounge or Bar
19. Help plan bar menus
20. Prepare food upon guest request or submit order to Kitchen
21. Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met
22. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
23. Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition
24. Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
25. Keep abreast of safety and emergency procedures and OSHA requirements
26. Attend relevant meetings
Education & Experience:
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Customer Service
6. Positive Attitude
7. Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.