Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a structural engineer position in its St. Louis, MO, Chicago, IL or Springfield, IL office.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA. We were #18 in the Multidiscipline category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For.
This position will work in our Government and Energy Market. The Structural Engineer will provide design and construction engineering and support of a broad range of structural engineering assignments to include building and industrial projects.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Assist and participate in design engineering
- Conduct analysis and design, calculation, preparation of specifications, details, and construction plans
- Assist and participate in construction engineering
- Conduct observation and documentation of construction activity
- Conduct evaluation of construction for compliance with contract documents
- Interpret plans for design intent
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite preferred
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and/or public stakeholders
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments is important
Working at Hanson:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with appropriate structural engineering course work required
- EI required
- Demonstrated excellence in academia
- Candidate may be recent graduate or an experienced individual with up to (8) years of experience (salary commensurate with experience)
- Master’s degree in structural engineering preferred
- PE desirable
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Must be willing to accept periodic out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing and able to work overtime to meet project demands and deadlines
All interested and qualified applicants, including Hanson employees, should apply through the Hanson website www.hanson-inc.com
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS