The Senior Branch Manager, Infusion Operations has ultimate oversight and accountability for all operational functioning of a Coram Infusion Services Branch in Knoxville, TN. In this role you are responsible for maintaining high levels of productivity, quality, and patient satisfaction in a complex clinical environment while meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements and company standards.
The Senior Branch Manager sets the culture and direction for the branch by clearly defining objectives and setting and refining process to ensure that the branch contributes to the short and long term goals of Coram. You will be responsible for managing, either directly or via department managers, operations of the Pharmacy, Nursing, Admissions, and Inventory/Warehouse functions of the branch. You will also be responsible for containing costs and ensuring an efficient operation of the branch.
Additional duties include oversight of all pharmacy operations and candidates must have pharmacy license for State of TN.
- You will support growth and contribute to the bottom line by demonstrating effective cost containment, high levels of customer service and high quality results through purchasing, inventory, patient care, and clinical operations.
- Successfully and consistently executes short-term business plans, ensuring deadlines and performance standards are met.
- You will lead work flow processes that are consistent with Operations within the Coram business to ensure fluidity of operational effectiveness and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory bodies.
- You will facilitate and maintain cross-functional relationships both within Coram and within the enterprise.
- You will optimize resource allocation to achieve maximum productivity of workforce while meeting the evolving needs of the business.
- You will monitor branch performance through routine metrics and daily engagement with all disciplines and corresponding processes.
- You will conduct spot quality checks and audits to ensure branch is functioning according to the highest level of compliance and regulatory standards
- You will oversee talent lifecycle for all branch staff, including (but not limited to) hiring, onboarding, training, performance evaluation, coaching, development, and terminations as necessary.
- You will guide teams through challenging patient and referral source interactions and troubleshoot to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- You will use metrics to measure and drive success. Redirects team as necessary to achieve metric-based goals.
- You will define and communicates expectations for all leaders and corresponding teams. Holds colleagues and self accountable to expectations.
Need to have Bachelor's degree or Doctorate degree and be a licensed pharmacist for the State of TN
- Minimum of 5 years related experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing others required
- Demonstrated problem solving, detail orientation, and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft business software and ability to adapt to new systems.
- Infusion, home healthcare, or hospital management experience.
- Full P&L responsibility or management of a military budget in excess of $500,000.
- Director of pharmacy or Nursing responsibilities or comparable military experience.
- 3+ years of management experience strongly preferred
Commensurate education and experience combination
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.