Premier children’s day camp in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY is looking for a passionate seasonal Food Service Director and Food Service Worker to work the camp season of June, July & August and to grow with the company.
The successful candidate will work alongside the existing camp director and leadership team to help implement a healthy & nutritious menu for both staff and campers of Nursery, Pre-K and Elementary ages. Breakfast (staff only, 7:45am-830am), Lunch (campers & staff 1130am-1pm) and prepping for staff dinner (staff only 5pm) required. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, staff management, food/supply ordering, stock management, cooking & prep, and adhering to Suffolk County Dept. Health regulations.
The Food Service Director and Food Service Worker position ideally requires experience in day camp/sleepaway camp setting, in an educational(school) setting or equivalent, and have experience ordering. Perfect for a school Food Service Director or Lead cook looking to move up. * THIS IS NOT A 12-MONTH POSITION.
Food Service Director/Food Service Worker Requirements:
- Successful candidate will be able to commute to Southampton, NY (East End of Long Island) on a daily basis from June 29 through August 28..
- Estimated daily hours (Monday-Friday) are 7am-2pm. Evenings & Weekends are off.
- Suffolk County Food Management Certificate or equivalent (SafeServe, etc) mandatory (or willing to obtain before beginning of June)
- Salary negotiable & based on experience, starting at $20-$25 per hour.
- Experience working at a school or camp previously is highly desirable.
- Experience managing a team of staff
Please send resume. Priority & responses will be given to applicants that meet the above criteria. Those applicants that are looking for a full time position or who require relocation need not apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Camp Food Service: 1 year (Required)
- School Food Service: 2 years (Required)
- Southampton, NY (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Food Manager Certification/SafeServe/Nutritional Management Services (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma