Front Desk Studio Assistants are organized, friendly faces of The DEN, responsible for opening/closing and maintaining the studio, greeting and checking in clients, processing sales and offering information while ensuring a smooth flow of the daily class and workshop schedule. Experts on our weekly offerings, products and services, Studio Assistants make thoughtful class recommendations, membership initiations and retail sales while also balancing fast-paced class check-in and check-out processes and client inquiries.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Independently manage front desk reception: client check-in, client cell phone cubbies, main phone line and email communications, receiving mail and packages, assisting walk-in inquiries and tours of the studio
- Directs and ensures completion of mandatory shift task checklists including class attendance counts, door monitoring, studio organization and cleaning with the assistance of DEN Volunteers
- Keeps retail display area replenished and organized, forwarding incoming vendors and inquiries to management
- Resolve complex studio or client account issues by management approval.
- Uphold The DEN Meditation brand and culture by instilling the company’s mission, core values and leading by example
- Any other tasks required to meet company goals as directed by Studio Manager, District Manager and CEO
- Minimum 3 months administrative experience in the corporate setting, reception and/or customer service in a yoga/fitness studio or similar retailer highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of college education, certification and internship experience highly preferred
- Flexible weekend (morning and/or evening) availability highly preferred
- Beginner to intermediate working knowledge of Mindbody Online scheduling platform highly preferred
- Comfort level and fluency in Mac platform, iPads, Google Drive and Gmail, general computers, printer/copier and technology troubleshooting highly preferred
- Car and valid driver’s license preferred but not required
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to prioritize, respond to and deliver information and policies in person, via phone and email
- Demonstrated retail and sales experience
- Ability to foster professional relationships with DEN volunteers and staff
- Passionate about meditation and mindfulness, holistic health and/or wellness, growing with a fast-paced start-up environment and helping students achieve their goals in their meditation practice – growing our DEN community.
This position will be based at:
360 S La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
Requires access to computers, frequent usage Macbook/iPad devices, studio phones and printers/copiers.
Employee must be able to work hours that may exceed 5 hours per day and/or 16 hours per week including nights and weekends, including peak events or evening periods in a weekly schedule organized with and pre-approved by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 4 hours at a time, with the requirements to occasionally bend, lift and carry items up to 40 pounds.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Preferred)