The General Foreman will provide overall direction and management for our utility construction operations. The General Foreman will be the field leader and will manage the construction team which may include all classifications of Craftsman and will coordinate with the Customer, Subcontractors, Vendors and Field Engineers. The General Foreman will communicate the status of all aspects through daily interface with OUID Management. This position involves a high level of responsibility requiring strong management and supervision skills.
Candidates must be willing to join the local union.
Must be able to Supervise and / or Perform the following Electrical tasks:
- Splicing of High Voltage Cable (4kV to 34kV minimum).
- Pre-Molded Splicing
- Heat Shrink Splicing
- Cold Splicing
- Responsible for the successful field management of all underground civil / electrical transmission and distribution construction and maintenance projects.
- Ensure all crew members and field supervision perform work in a safe manner and follow all established safe work practices and protocols.
- Oversee and manage day to day field operations.
- Coordinate resources across multiple projects.
- Manage manpower, equipment, tooling and material needs.
- Supply Customer with appropriate Schedules and Manpower.
- Schedules – Daily / Look Ahead
- Manpower – Per Daily Requirement as applicable
- Identify issues and solutions.
- Safety, Scope, Schedule, Manpower, Equipment, Tools, etc.
- Coordinate Subcontractors, Vendors, Etc.
- Traffic Control / Police
- Understand and utilize the purchasing system for any purchases that need to be made in the field.
- Interface with OUID Management.
- Daily communication of project status and any new opportunities.
- Assist with Estimating.
- Confirm scope, resources and pacing with estimating and management team.
- Assure that projects are being staffed and worked as bid.
- Interface with Customer.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships.
- Ensure all construction activities comply with the customer’s program procedures and H&M Policies & Processes.
- Daily Man Power Schedules
- Job Close Out Documentation
- Serve as the lead construction representative during customer meetings and constructability reviews.
- Effectively communicate with customer Construction Coordinators and Project Managers for efficient and effective field operations.
- Provide input and value on customer project walk downs regarding all aspects of safety, constructability, feasibility, etc.
- Mentorship / Succession Planning.
- Mentor and Train staff where and when needed.
- Over time, assure that the talent of the group is being identified and trained from a field / hands-on standpoint in order to support future succession plans
- Assure that all staff are attending any and all available training.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.