Under the direction of the Detention Sergeant the Detention Deputy maintains security and safety within the jail by supervising activities of inmates.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise inmates by enforcing jail rules and carry out procedures as defined by office and divisional policies which may include; supervising inmates in their daily activities, maintaining order, monitoring behavior, responding to and attempting to resolve inmate concerns/conflicts, responding to emergencies, monitoring inmate mail and phone calls, maintaining necessary logs and reports, and performing housekeeping and sanitation practices as necessary to ensure a safe facility.
- Booking and releasing inmates by performing booking functions of new inmates which includes; creating inmate files, fingerprinting, photographing, arranging for an interpreter as needed, recording of personal property and money, conducting inmate orientation, providing information, classifying inmates, and gathering necessary documents as needed at release.
- Maintain inmate records by entering inmate data into computer files and submits to proper agencies, maintains detailed record of all inmate activity, account purchases and deposits, medical needs, reports and other documents to ensure that the inmate files are accurate.
- Responds to emergencies situations utilizing necessary emergency equipment to ensure safety of inmates and staff.
- Associates Degree in a Criminal Justice field or Behavioral/Social Science field and (1) year of experience in a criminal justice field or behavioral/social science field
- BA/BS in a Criminal Justice field or Behavioral/Social Science
**You must have your degree by September 30, 2018 to qualify for this eligibility list.**
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s), background investigation, pre-placement screening, and psychological evaluation.