Everest Global Services, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd., has an opportunity available for a Junior Business Analyst in our Liberty Corner, NJ office.
The junior level Business Analyst within the Reinsurance Applications Group supports a wide variety if applications, most specifically applications for our actuaries and cat modelers throughout the Everest Re enterprise.
The analyst is required to participate on Reinsurance related projects, ranging from maintaining in-house developed applications to implementing vendor applications.
The position includes managing the activities of the application support teams (business analysis and developers) in providing ongoing system development support and responding to production problems, environmental changes, and user requests.
Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Work with business partners to understand their objectives by analyzing, defining, and formalizing business processes and requirements, and translate requirements to ensure delivery of appropriate and high quality solutions.
- Act as a liaison between the client area, technical organization, and other affected areas in planning, directing and conducting the analysis of complex business problems.
- Employ the proper elicitation technique to ensure requirements are appropriately and efficiently identified, analyzed, and documented using industry standard analysis techniques. Scale or modify document templates as needed for the scope of the effort.
- Provide ongoing production support, including responding to user issues, collaborating with the technical team to analyze and resolve reported system issues, and communicating the resolution of issues to the business community.
- Work with project managers to map business requirements to project deliverables, resource planning & project plans. Provide input into project plans, cost, and/or resource estimating activities. May function as project lead on smaller efforts.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree preferably in Math, Actuarial Science, or Accounting OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and progressive experience.
- 1-4 years’ experience, preferably in Insurance or Financial institutions
- MS Office applications including MS Visio and Project
- Knowledge of SQL queries is highly valued
- Fast learner – ability to pick up new skills required
- Good writing/communication/presentation skills
- Knowledge of documenting business processes
- Ability to understand/write BRD, FSD
- Ability to manage tasks/projects with aggressive deadlines/time-sensitivity.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently as required
- Insurance/Reinsurance domain knowledge will be a plus
- Agile development exposure/experience preferred
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law