- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Reports To: Benefits Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Relocation: Local candidates preferred
- Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k with company match
- American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The LOA Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position supports the in-flight department employees and carries out a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following functional areas: medical and personal leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, unemployment, and FMLA.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
- Administers all aspects of leave and workers’ compensation programs. Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims. Conducts/coordinates investigations into all reported workers’ compensation claims.
- Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted to the company’s vendor within 48 business hours from the date of the incident.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims through the Personnel Action Notice System (PANS) and vendor systems to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the HR team and Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Conducts Tier I investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Works closely with the Employee Relations team to identify, research and resolve matters.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Presents reports as requested.
- Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partners closely with HRBPs on all related cases/claims. Meets regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers’ compensation training programs.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in human resources
- Two years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers' compensation claims
- Two years of experience in handling/supporting employee relations cases
- Associate's Degree in business administration, human resources or related field
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, to include, but not limited to, organizational diagnosis; employee and union relations; diversity; performance management; and federal and state respective employment laws.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
- Interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Performance management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Ethical conduct
- Strong communication ability to make recommendations to upper management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Professional aptitude
- Multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.