**Position is posted in multiple cities. Only apply ONCE. All candidates will work out of the Plymouth, MI location.**
Sequris Group is one of the fastest growing Information Security companies in Michigan! Join our growing team as an Information Security Intern. If you're in school or a recent grad, this is where you start and grow your information security career! We moved to a new, larger facility in Plymouth to accommodate our rapid growth. We promote from within – start as an intern and grow into a full-time Information Security Analyst!
- Triage incoming tickets to the SOC.
- Work with and/or manage a SIEM.
- Speak confidently with business owners, CISO's and vendors as needed to see tickets thru resolution.
- Desire to collaborate with other IT security professionals to provide exceptional support and problem resolution as a member of our SOC.
- Actively respond to real-world cyber-attacks.
- Work with best-of-breed vendor technologies.
- Assist Information Security Engineers in troubleshooting and resolution of critical issues.
- Special projects as needed.
- Study for and gain industry certifications, which are company paid, and maintain certification requirements.
- Participate in weekly/monthly team meetings.
Hours: Our SOC supports shifts 24 x 7 x 365 and our interns work three (3) 8-hour shifts per week. Shifts do not rotate and do not change weekly. We work around student schedules if we have shifts open. 1 shift MUST be worked onsite in our Plymouth, MI SOC. The other two shifts can either be worked from home or from our Plymouth SOC.
Growth: We promote from within - join our team as an intern and move into a full-time Information Security Analyst role! Interns that attain two industry certifications and demonstrate competency in key skills are given bids to join our team full-time. Make this transition from part-time to full-time within your own time frame – you are in control of your promotions.
What You Bring to the Team
- Ability to differentiate between a significant event, a true positive, and a false positive.
- Understanding of OSI model and ability to apply to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, Powershell, or an equivalent language.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone skills and presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role.
- Ability to easily and effectively communication technical information.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels in our organization, with vendors, and clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Studying for or certifications achieved in the following: CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCENT, or Certified HIPAA Security Professional (CHSP).
- Modem, router, reliable internet and dedicated work space at home to support remote work.
Things We Love to See But Aren't Requirements:
- Knowledge of networking, packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewalls, etc.
- Technical help desk, technical troubleshooting, or information security role experience.
- Pursuing or completed Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security, Cyber Defense, Cyber Security or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Splunk and/or Qradar experience
Our role fulfills the internship requirements for many schools. Please contact your college or university directly to determine if our role can satisfy your internship requirement. Multiple positions are available. Apply today!
Job Types: Part-time, Internship