Part-time 20hrs/wk - 2nd shift
Provide exceptional hospitality service to patients and guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested to include transport of patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special equipment. Other responsibilities to include locating, storing, and cleaning of all departmental equipment.
High School diploma or GED.
Prior experience in hospital environment, patient care and transportation preferred.
REPORTS TO : Patient Transportation Supervisor
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Basic Cardiac Life Support required within 3 days of hire
Completion of Oxygen Training class with certification for administering oxygen to our patient population.
Generic Job Description
1. Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds.
2. Maintain a safe environment for patients, self, guests and co-workers.
3. Maintain equipment and accessories/supplies to ensure availability, cleanliness and proper utilization.
4. Communicate to team, co-workers, patients and guests in a positive and professional manner.
5. Take initiative for performance and professional development.
6. Knowledgeable of all aspects and functionalities of the Transport Tracking System.
7. Provide age/developmentally appropriate assistance in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Good verbal communication skills to interact with patient, guests and clinical staff
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Requires much walking, lifting and physical exertion
Operation of machines and equipment
Ability to lift, push or pull 100-200 pounds
Requires full range of motion
Requires the ability to transport patients to various on-campus locations
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Must demonstrate competence in areas of body mechanics to identify and show proficiency in moving a patient without injury to the patient or individual
Must be able to walk for long periods of time
Ability to multi-task
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Subject to many interruptions
Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Continuous pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
Personal protective equipment required including eye/face protection, gown, mask and non-sterile medical gloves