EXPERIENCED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN/ASSISTANT
Harlem Animal Hospital is looking for an experienced veterinary technician to join our compassionate team!If you are interested in joining a newly built state-of-the-art facility with a team that provides the most innovative and advanced veterinary care to pets in the metropolitan area, YOU should consider the position here at Harlem Animal Hospital.We are looking for an exceptional person who is friendly and passionate about helping both people and animals.The ideal candidate has a true love for their job and the future of veterinary medicine.The position will start immediately or as soon as possible.
- Must have worked in the veterinary industry for at least one year.
- Exemplifies qualified veterinary nursing/technical skills.Prefer candidates who have successfully passed the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE), however, we welcome candidates with exceptional skills gained through experience.
- Demonstrates compassion and excellent interpersonal skills while interacting with clients and other staff members.
- Loves learning and improving their skills on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of practice’s computer and word processing systems.
- Applicants who recently graduated veterinary technician school are encouraged to apply as well.
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- To provide excellent nursing care for hospitalized patients.
- To provide surgical nursing support to doctors on staff.
- To assist doctors with animal restraint and consulting during patient examinations.
- To dispense, record, and track inventory of animal medications.
- To assist in performing x-rays on patients requiring radiographs.
- To perform in-house lab work and dental procedures.
- To provide pre- and post-operative patient care.
- To sterilize surgical equipment.
- To maintain practice hygiene standards (cleaning cages and hospital facilities).
- To promote, when appropriate, the practice, its services, and its products to clients.
- To assist with reception duties on a daily basis including answering phones, making appointments, collecting payments, and discharging patients.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Full-time or part-time employment available
- Exact schedule of hours can be discussed with strongly interested candidates during the interview.
- Harlem Animal Hospital is located at
- 193 Lenox Ave. New York, NY 10026
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL AT:
- Please email your cover letter and resume or your curriculum vitae (CV)
- Thank you for considering Harlem Animal Hospital, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $30.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- veterinary assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative