We are Rockwood Shutters, a Texas based interior Shutters manufacturer partnering with Hunter Douglas and The Home Depot to provide a turn key solution for customers in need of upscale window coverings. We have a phenomenal team of Design Consultants that provide in-home consultations to Home Depot customers and we are looking for talented craftsmen to help us complete the final measure and installation of these custom products. This is for a subcontractor 1099 work only.
We are looking for previous experience in window coverings installations (interior blinds, shades and shutters) and cabinetry, trim carpentry, or wood working would be a plus. As with all service work, we are looking for flexibility surrounding scheduling and availability to fulfill the needs of our customers and our company’s growth. Reliable transportation is a must. We require a high-top cargo van or a vehicle to pull a covered trailer to securely transport the shutters.
You MUST have:
- A vehicle to pull an enclosed trailer or high-top cargo van. Again, this is necessary to securely transport these products safely from the elements to the customer's home. A 7'X12' is preferred but you can get by with a 6'X10'. Keep in mind you could be installing up to $12,000 worth of products daily - they require safe & dry transportation.
- A current Gen iPad with cellular capability. The Home Depot and Rockwood Shutters remove the hassles of traditional paperwork by using electronic signatures and documents. If you do not have an iPad, you can purchase one from Verizon, AT&T or Sprint with service for reasonable monthly cost.
- Cordless drills, impact driver(s), ladder(s), multi tool, hand tools ETC. An extensive suggested tool list is provided, and most craftsmen have 80-90% of what we require.
- Contractor liability insurance, vehicle insurance, trailer insurance and a clean driving record with your valid current state license.
- Cell phone with camera to send pictures and speak with the office onsite if needed.
We will provide you:
- Week-long hands on certification program with a trainer at our Houston office. The program includes Shutter & Blind installation, troubleshooting and support classes to help you maximize your opportunities and income right away! We will set expectations and explain our processes along with background of our company’s history.
- We will cover hotel accommodations, breakfast, and lunch every day during your certification week.
- We find the work for you and the jobs are ready for installation when your part of the process begins. There is no need for bids on these jobs, again just installation.
- A schedule team member to plan your days and align your appointments on your behalf, allowing you to focus on our customer’s concerns and installations.
- A local storage unit will be provided to keep your tools, ladders, shutters, blinds and shades while awaiting installation. We cover 100% of this cost and we select a location nearest your home.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Prompt arrival time and ready to work providing our customer’s a smooth experience during a tech measure or installation. Have a strong work ethic and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills set.
- Measure and accurately record details of the window size, style and trim so that we can select the appropriate framing for the windows. Take pictures of windows with your iPad.
- Fill out all technical documents and electronically submit technical measure sheets in a complete and legible manner to our office support team. (Take a picture of a manual form and simply send very EASY!)
- Organize your storage unit daily to ensure no shutters or blinds can be lost or damaged allowing easy transition for additional shutter/blind deliveries.
- Collaboration with company office staff which will include local Design Consultants, schedule team member(s), Customer Service Managers and Installation Director and Installation Manager.
We do require a background along with a credit check to ensure the safety and security of our mutual customers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Contract
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Valid Drivers License (Required)