The Solutions Engineer supports sale activities in commercial, industrial, and government markets, construction and others, to find and develop new accounts, build existing relationships with clients and partners, and help grow the ABcom business. Assists the sales team with design, sales engineering, bill of materials, estimates, and proposal assimilation. Delivers high quality results that differentiates us from low-end competitors. The Solutions Engineer uses AutoCAD for Telecommunications, Fiber, Copper, Wireless, Security Systems, CCTV, Access Control Systems and A/V.
· Education, credentials, licenses: Bachelor’s Degree in technology-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. BICSI (RCDD, OSP) and ASIS credentials highly regarded.
· Specialized knowledge: BICSI installation and safety standards, understanding of information transport systems technologies. General knowledge of DAS, sound, and A/V highly regarded.
· Experience: 5 years in a related position or field. AutoCAD design. Previous experience using estimating software. Accubid and Bluebeam experience is a plus.
· Design using AutoCAD/Bluebeam
· Estimating projects with Accubid/Spreadsheets
· Develop and successfully present proposals that withstand critical examination, bring value to customers, and meet ABcom minimum standard handoffs to Operations for closed sales work
· Travel for site visits/walk-throughs
· Leverage networking and consultative skills to develop new business
· Collaborate with sales team on design for bids.
Coordinate with project managers to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery, as well as with operations on forecasted product, equipment, and manpower needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years Construction Estimating experience do you have
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: In person