UMC Physicians was voted #1 place to work for in Texas
UMC Physicians of Lubbock, Texas is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant to join their outstanding healthcare team. If you are an ambitious and energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced customer service environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you have come to the right place. Experienced CMA/CNA candidates and new graduates are welcome to apply.
Job Type: Full time. Some positions at extended hour clinics. Multiple positions available.
The CMA/CNA works as part of the clinic provider team, assists the physician or nurse practitioner in the provision of primary health care, and provides invaluable support to the patient and the medical team. The CMA/CNA is responsible for technical skills encompassing patient care and related tasks and provides appropriate delegated nursing care to patients, under the guidance and supervision of a licensed vocational nurse or health care provider. The CMA/CNA performs activities that assist physicians, mid-level providers, nursing personnel and radiology technicians.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Current CPR Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant license from an approved medical assistant training program. 1-year experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Full range of body motion, including lifting and handling patients.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to stand and walk for extensive periods of time.
- Correct vision and hearing to normal ranges.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education required.
- Completion of a training program and certificate highly desirable.
- Knowledge of heath care regulations and preventative measures (HIPAA confidentiality, infection spread, etc.)
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, laboratory and treatment room procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to take and record vital signs, maintain records, and record results.
- Ability to conduct business in a professional manner with exemplary customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality control.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; ability to think critically.
- Ability to work as a team with other members of the clinic.
- Ability to be empathetic with patients and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivering direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established procedures.
- Documenting history; recording and reporting pertinent observations and patient reactions to staff, as appropriate; documenting lab procedures and ensuring follow up on results.
- Using screening procedures, including medical history review, and observing and documenting patient vital signs as required.
- Maintaining quality results by running standards and controls.
- Preparing exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble-shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Training other technicians or workers.
- Assisting with or instituting emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatments.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
UMC Health System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Do you use tobacco products
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- CMA/CNA (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible