Full Job Description
Mentor, OH US
7212 Justin Way (Mentor), OH 44060
Manufacturing & Production
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE)
Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and ORBIS Corporation, are leaders in their industries, providing corrugated and plastic packaging products and related services to major global companies.
Our employees make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and quality turn possibilities into success. Working at Menasha Corporation means that your insights provide cutting-edge solutions for our customers. If you like to make things happen and are passionate about what you do, you’re going to want to be here.
Join us and become part of the power behind possible.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Supervises the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function.
Essential to this Position
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide and maintain a safe working environment for all employees, including auditing, addressing unsafe behaviors and conditions, timely reporting safety incidents and enforcing safety-related policies and procedures.
2. Execute production priorities per the work schedule meeting customer demands.
3. Manage and direct plant floor activities to improve utilization of company resources, such as material and labor.
4. Respond timely to all quality and personnel issues regarding parts and processes.
5. Confer with plant personnel and other departments to review activities and operating reports to determine changes in operations.
6. Maintain a high degree of plant floor visibility throughout the shift.
7. Facilitate and execute continuous improvement activities.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Safety sensitive position - ability to work in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner
2. Ability to handle the stress of working with others
3. Ability to be available outside of normal work hours
4. Ability to assess employee performance and coach and develop others
5. Ability to lead by example
6. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of roles
7. Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility
8. Knowledge of the electrical, mechanical and logistics equipment used in manufacturing, including its safe usage, maintenance and storage
9. Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes
10. Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of the employees, environment and site
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or Equivalent
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Work Experience Required
At least 2 years relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
Knowledge of and ability to use and influence organization's policies, standards and procedures guiding manufacturing processes
Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site
Knowledge of the existing and planned approaches and methods for manufacturing products or product components
Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility
Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility
Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes
ABOUT ORBIS CORPORATION
Menasha Corporation (www.menashacorporation.com) is a leading corrugated and plastic packaging manufacturer and supply chain solutions provider specializing in retail merchandising, packaging and displays, plastic reusable containers and pallets, protective packaging interiors, and packaging supply chain and fulfillment services. Menasha Corporation’s products and services are used by major food, beverage, consumer products, personal care, pharmaceutical, beauty and cosmetics, automotive, heavy equipment, and agriculture companies. Established in 1849, Menasha Corporation is one of America’s oldest private, family-owned manufacturing companies.
Menasha Packaging is North America’s largest independent, retail-focused corrugated packaging and merchandising solutions provider. Menasha Packaging designs, prints and produces customized packaging, high-end graphic displays and merchandising material, e-commerce packaging, and provides pack-out, fulfillment and supply chain services to retailers and leading global consumer packaged goods companies.
ORBIS is a leading provider of reusable plastic packaging products and supply chain packaging management services in North America. ORBIS designs and produces plastic reusable totes, bulk containers, pallets, and custom products, including protective interiors and metal racks. ORBIS’s products and services are a critical component of manufacturing and retail supply chains for the automotive, industrial, agriculture, retail, beverage, and bakery markets.
Menasha Corporation’s culture of focusing on employees, operating responsibly, and serving customers is best outlined in the company’s Corporate Responsibility Report, produced annually and available on our website at http://www.insightdigital.biz/i/1272161-2020-social-responsibility-report/0.
Click here to view our two-minute video that shares a quick glimpse about Menasha Corporation and our exciting future.
For more information about ORBIS Corporation, please visit www.orbiscorporation.com.
ORBIS Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. ORBIS Corporation shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer, we request priority referrals of qualified protected veterans, qualified individuals with disabilities, qualified minority candidates, and qualified female candidates for job openings at ORBIS Corporation.