The Bank Controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the Bank. This includes producing the reconcilement reports for every asset and liability account of the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend modifications to existing Bank programs.
- Prepare reports summarizing and forecasting Bank business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Direct the preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provide management with timely reviews of the Bank's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Arrange for audits of the Bank’s accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Bank Call Report preparation experience a plus
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Specific knowledge of the asset and liability accounts of a commercial bank
- CPA Certification is not required
- Understand and comply with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Flexibility in managing one's own time, projects and deadlines.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; being able to recognize that there is a problem, not necessarily solving the problem.
- Efficiently and effectively establishing and maintaining files and records in a logical and easily retrievable manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Shallowater, TX 79363 (Preferred)