Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
As a partner with global and regional project managers, the Scheduling Specialist II ensures appropriate modeling of development plans within enterprise systems to enable planning and decision making by development teams, functional areas, and governance.
- Creation and management of complex project timelines using BMS Planisware enterprise system and associated scheduling tools according to established best practices. Proactive management of target dates and study drivers for key activities in collaboration with core team representatives is required. Identification, contextualization, communication and proactive action on timeline and scope risks and issues. Partner with Project Manager (PM) to drive resolution.
- Perform in-depth asset timeline and Book of Work (BOW) analysis to highlight inconsistencies, scheduling conflicts, and gaps in asset models compared to scheduling standards and Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) best practices.
- Clear and transparent communication of timelines and key deliverables with functional team representatives, key functional stakeholders, Resource Managers, and Finance Resource Managers.
- Matrix oversight and partnership with scheduling support colleagues to direct and manage day to day data entry and report generation. Provide coaching/mentoring in scheduling best practices.
- Partner with PM to drive BOW focused discussions. Utilize ePlan and relevant enterprise tools to share project knowledge and information.
- Assume responsibility for select studies/indications within the team portfolio under the direction of the PM to support development activities. Develop and maintain detailed timelines and tracking tools to support submission activities.
- Participate in and lead other team-based assignments such as coordination of project-based budgeting required for annual budget process or department capability/capacity initiatives.
- Contribute to best practices development and system enhancement efforts.
- A Bachelor's degree in science or engineering with 5+ years of experience in an area pharmaceutical research, development, or commercialization, with direct experience related to scheduling creation, planning, and management is required.
- An advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBA) is a plus. This position requires experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a solid understanding of drug development and commercialization.
- Participation in teams focused on drug development or pharmaceutical R&D in a matrix environment is a plus. Experience with scheduling methodologies as well as technological literacy with computer applications necessary to create, manage and analyze project timelines is a must.
- Experience with ePlan, Eclipse, and MARs is a plus.
- Experience in project schedule quantitative risk assessment and management is highly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact directly and productively with team members and management and to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities is also required.