Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including managing the members of the intake team, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the insurance verification and authorization processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of intake.
2. Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and JCAHO referral/intake regulatory requirements.
3. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
4. Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing telephonic patient/family education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
5. Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through direct oversight of insurance verification and authorization processes.
6. Negotiates service pricing with insurance case managers and other payers within established financial and credit parameters, on occasion.
7. Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Hospice Touch Inc. as a high quality provider of services.
8. Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
9. Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet unmet customer needs.
10. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Hospice Touch Inc. contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
11. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Hospice Touch Inc.
12. The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
13. Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
14. Promotes and supports a teamwork culture and environment internally and externally
15. Ensure interactions remain positive and professional with all persons with whom you interact in the course of your work both internally and externally
16. Other duties as assigned or determined appropriate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates good communications, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and has attention to detail and follow up.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently is required to sit. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance, talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift or exert force up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to work successfully with our software applications on a computer and/or a laptop, and /or a cell phone for extended periods
- May require going to other locations
- Require the ability to work successfully under sometimes stressful conditions
- Requires willingness to be flexible in changing job responsibilities, assignments and workload
- Requires patience, compassion, and the ability to work successfully with a variety of persons internally and/or externally
- May require critical thinking skills and the ability to work successfully independently or in a team with positive interactions
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Related Work Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.