About The Streamable
The Streamable (thestreamable.com) offers the best in news, reviews, and deals on streaming services and devices. Our site helps readers find new services, cut the cord on cable, streamline their digital subscriptions, and save hundreds of dollars a year.
We monetize when our happy customers subscribe to new services.
Want to help millions of cord-cutters learn about the best in streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, or YouTube TV? Want to help them pick the right streaming device - like Roku, Apple TV, or Fire TV? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and sharp editorial instincts to build and manage a best-in-class affiliate marketing site? Join us!
Our team comprises experienced marketers who spent the last 10+ years in the affiliate space -- most recently on the executive team at Ebates, plus a crew of freelance writers. You will work closely with company leadership to ensure growth of readership and optimize revenue.
We are a fully distributed team, across both coasts. Our ideal candidate is on EST, to help us break the latest streaming news as soon as it happens.
Do your ears perk up when a new streaming service is announced? Do you keep tabs on Netflix and Disney+ and FuboTV out of habit? Can you find a good original story amid the noise of social media? We’re looking for an assignment editor who has a sharp editorial eye, a good “news” sense, and the ability to lead, motivate, and manage a team of freelance writers to develop the best daily news content on the web for cord-cutting.
- Strong critical thinking and journalism skills
- Content planning
- Strong story idea generation, based on industry trends and best practices
- Awareness of competitors
- Time-management and deadline accountability - ability to post daily news articles as they break.
Experience & Skills:
- Assigning, proofreading, writing and editing content
- Training & managing freelancers
- Maintaining consistently excellent content quality
- Motivation to become an enthusiastic expert in the world of streaming services and devices
- 3+ years in online content, either as a journalist or an editor
- Experience managing freelance journalists or equivalent creative professionals
- Experience in juggling multiple short and long-term deadlines
- Experience (or strong willingness to rapidly learn) online content optimization and SEO
- Ability to take initiative and work efficiently with little direction
- Eager to work in a fast-moving startup environment and collaborate with others on innovative new processes
- Highly organized and deadline oriented
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Ability to work with limited code within our CMS
- Ability to monitor several story sources including mainstream media and social media
- Very collaborative and adaptable
- Proven passion for the tech and media landscape
- Experience with cutting the cord, using online streaming services and devices
- Expertise in generating “breaking news” e.g., building a schedule of upcoming company press releases, earning reports, industry updates; reviewing them the moment they’re released; rapidly generating compelling content
- Basic photo or image editing skills
Want to join our team?
Please share your resume, relevant writing samples, and anything else you think we should know.