Application Close Date:
March 5, 2021
The Maintenance Technician/Electrician is responsible for the maintenance and servicing the electrical system throughout Parkland College. Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues, install new electrical circuits/outlets, and relamping.
The Maintenance Technician/Electrician is a full-time, 12 month, Professional Support Staff appointment on a schedule established by the Director of the Physical Plant. A flexible or altered work schedule may be needed to meet project deadlines. The Maintenance Technician/Electrician must be able to work independently and accurately prioritize tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and maintain all electrical systems for the college including switches, meters, and lighting controls.
- Repair and replace indoor and outdoor lighting and electrical equipment.
- Maintain accurate records regarding college electrical installations, operations and repairs.
- Operate equipment used for electrical construction work, maintenance work, or electrical repair work.
- Become well versed in the operation of the college fire alarm system.
- Troubleshoot and make simple repairs to generators, elevators, fire alarm system, and light controls; for more complex repairs, contact appropriate contractor and coordinate repairs.
- Assist contractors with locations of circuits, switch gear, and other electrical equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess one of the following: current journeyman electrician, or a related certificate/associate’s degree, or 3 years of work experience in the trade.
- Ability to learn electrical processes and successful operation of repair equipment as technology advances.
- Safe and proficient use of electrical tools, power and testing equipment, and the ability to read building electrical blueprints.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted and traverse crawl space as necessary.
- Verbal and mathematical skills sufficient to complete work orders, make electrical calculations, and perform other duties.
- 5+ years of work experience in the trade, including apprenticeship or vocational training.
- Project management experience.