Sr. BI/ETL Administrator
TheSenior BI/ETL Administrator is responsible ensuring the overall operation of an enterprise-scale Business Intelligence and Data Integration platform and associated infrastructure meets operational and functional demands. As a member of the IT DBA Services team, this position will work closely with project managers and application developers and isresponsible for delivering exceptional customer service to our customer base. This individual must have experience with installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of OBIEE 11g components including Oracle BI Publisher and/or Informatica Powercenter across clustered development, test and production domains. She/he individual should be willing to perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology majors, or equivalent experience with systems administration.
- Install and configure OBIEE 12c on Linux environment and migrate the code from OBIEE 11g to OBIEE 12c in DEV, QA, UAT and PROD environments.
- Managing promotion of OBIEE content (RPDs and reports) across multiple environments (DEV, QA, UAT and PROD) using standard tools.
- Ensure the OBIEE platform operates as a highly efficient platform, which meets-or-exceeds service level agreements (SLAs) and operational readiness requirements
- Control user access to various parts of the OBIEE platform, granting permissions to read, write, create, or view reports, dashboards, ad hoc reports, metadata repository (RPD), and report output, within the system. Design, implement, and maintain the security framework (access rights and privileges, user roles / groups, SSO, etc.). Integrating OBIEE with MS Active Directory via Oracle Access Manager (OAM) and Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD).
- Install and configure Informatica 10.x on Linux environment and migrate the code from Informatica 9.6.1 to 10.x in DEV, QA, UAT and PROD environments.
- Manage code promotions across multiple environments (DEV, QA, UAT and PROD).
- Design, implement and maintain the security framework including access rights and privileges, user roles/groups etc. Participate in any security audits and provide the necessary information.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of the systems including applying all the patches, hotfixes and EBFs from the vendor. Work with the Product Support Team on any product related bugs and escalate it to through the proper channels.
- Ensure the BI/ETL platform meets corporate security standards and policies, and participate in the development of procedures and tools in support of them
- Define, implement and maintain technology security infrastructure, policies, processes and procedures to proactively protect, monitor, investigate and resolve threats to a secure user environment and company assets as applicable to the BI/ETL platform
- Participation in key architectural and engineering decisions as they relate to the OBIEE and Informatica platforms
- General troubleshooting and performance optimization
- Collaborate with development and user communities in support of their use of the OBIEE platform
- Development of processes for reporting the OBIEE and Informatica platform’s utilization, availability, and monitoring the performance and performing any tuning required.
- Act as a liaison to Product Technical support and work on any product bugs.
- Work on Service Desk Tickets in the BI/ETL areas and make sure to complete them within the defined SLAs.
- Provide on-call support within the BI/ETL environments for OBIEE, Informatica and Tableau environments and work on any escalations.
- 6 - 7 years of progressive hands-on experience in administering and maintaining Business Intelligence environments. Five years of experience administering OBIEE and/or Informatica platform.
- Experience in working with applications that are mission critical and require 24/7 uptime.
- Thorough knowledge of OBIEE 11g/Oracle BI Publisher 11g and/or Informatica Powercenter 9.6.x and above.
- Prior experience with at least one project of upgrading from OBIEE 11g to 12c.
- Experience with automated testing processes (Oracle BI Validation Tool).
- Act as subject matter expert of OBIEE and/or Informatica for business leaders, end users and IT staff in the areas of database design, application and implementation.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration, backup and recovery of OBIEE and/or Informatica modules.
- Experience in the configuration and management of the OBIEE MUDE (Multi User Development Environment) process including merging of RPD.
- Ability to write moderately complex shell scripts to support day-to-day maintenance, automation and testing.
- Skilled in Database concepts including Oracle 12c and/or SQL Server 2012/2016.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing concepts.
- Review database performance metrics and proactively address performance concerns.
- Perform capacity and resource planning / management.
- Experience in resource planning / management and source control.
- Experience in building and maintaining DEV, QA, UAT, PROD and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and quickly resolve them in an efficient manner that minimizes downtime.
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills. Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused are required.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities.
- A strong understanding of the software development life cycle and software development methodologies (requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools, version control, testing and QA, and deployment).
Geeta | Business Development Manager
InfoWay Group LLC.
Job Type: Contract