Alcor Solutions is looking for a remote contract SharePoint Administrator for a client of ours. The work will be 40-50 hours a month.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, configure, and develop the SharePoint environments
- Maintain and administer SharePoint services, including search, content hub, user profile and excel services.
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
- Ability to maintain and manage SharePoint Search Administration
- Support end users with all SharePoint related issues.
- Develop training materials and provide training to users with varying levels of skills.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverable, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders, and customers.
- Test recommended, emerging SharePoint and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with efficient implementation of new software products, tools or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Assist with software improvements and upgrades.
- Comfortable making Group Policy and Registry changes/implementations and other related security changes as needed.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework, sites, and information.
- Enhance SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary.
- Generate website statistics and reports as needed, using custom or packaged tools.
- Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines.
- Work with desktop support staff on deployment of necessary end user software.
- Reviews internal critical security vulnerability reports for action.
- Monitors and completes requests and incident resolution via SharePoint Help Desk ticketing system.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly administrative task to keep SharePoint healthy
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree with preferred study in information technology, computer science, business or equivalent experience and certifications.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer and/or Microsoft Certified Exchange System Administrator REQUIRED 5+ years of Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (or newer) administration or design experience.
- 10+ years total IT experience required.
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL administration experience.
- 5+ years of Microsoft Active Directory administration experience
- Ability to be able to run and/or write or modify PowerShell scripts is desired
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory. Experience with HP Intel x86 Servers, Windows Server
- The ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to work within an Active Directory Cross Domain Environment
- A customer oriented attitude and desire to help others succeed. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start. Committed to providing quality customer service.
- A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects.
- Proven thorough ability to develop strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present to all levels of IT, internal staff and management.
- Ability to create best practice methodologies and tools, policies and procedures, whitepapers, and other standard business communications.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Experience with SharePoint 2013 fundamentals including out of the box web parts, lists, content types, workflows, templates and master pages.
- Understanding of SharePoint administration including management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration, solution deployment, and backup/restore via Central Administration and PowerShell. Experience using SharePoint Designer and deploying solutions.
- Understanding of lnfoPath forms development and deployment.
- Relational database and operating systems experience with MS SQL 2012 database, integration and reporting solutions to be integrated with the SharePoint farm.
- Experience in training and/or teaching software applications is a plus. Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must. The ability to work in a fast-paced regulated environment is desired.
Job Type: Contract
- sharepoint: 5 years (Preferred)