The Senior Statistician is responsible for the development of credit and collections/recovery scores for the purposes of optimizing company lead generation and collections performance metrics. The candidate will utilize consumer credit scoring and other analytical techniques in order to provide recommendation to support the overall lead generation and collections function within the organization.
- Identify opportunities to apply statistics to improve company metrics
- Consult with business partners to develop statistical strategy to address and influence business problems
- Analyze data, build models and assess their quality
- Design experiments and evaluate the results
- Monitor model performance and make recommendations
- Ad-hoc Statistical requests
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management
- Optimize collections operation through data driven decisions based on statistical techniques.
- Develop and monitor forecasting models
- Experience with logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, design of experiment and other statistical techniques
- Expert SAS and SQL skills required (7+ years)
- Experience working with large databases
- Ability to communicate complex analytical findings to senior management
- Technical writing experience (including process mapping/flows)
- Project Management skills are required
Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics or similar quantitative field of study (Math, Economics, Financial Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Statistical modeling and analysis
- 5+ years of experience in analytical consulting
- 5+ years of experience leading complex analytical projects
- 5+ year of qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting
- 5+ year of experience with multivariate linear and logistic regression
- 5+ year of experience with experimental design
- 3+ year of project management experience
- 3+ year of experience working with relational databases
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication
- Expert with SAS or similar Statistical programming package (Decision Tree, R, etc.)
- SAS, SQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint VBA/Macros strong plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time, talking, hearing constantly.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
- Sit in front of computer monitor (s) daily.
- Noise Level; moderate noise level daily in an office atmosphere
Cane Bay Partners. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- Statistician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules