READY MIX DRIVER
Driver is responsible for operating a mixer truck to provide safe and timely delivery of ready-mix concrete to customers as assigned.
DUTIES AND/ OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily truck inspections, responsible for routine and preventative maintenance, keeping truck clean, inside and out. Report all other needed repairs to supervisor.
- Operate truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to customers as assigned.
- Use safe driving practices and traffic awareness to maintain safe environment.
- Communicate with customer to understand job requirements and any jobsite conditions relevant for unloading of material in a safe and timely manner.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and present a positive company image as all times.
- Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and/or on truck.
- Ensure all DOT, OSHA, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State and local safety and environmental regulation and company safety program compliance including attending training as required.
- Maintain and protect all property and keep it in excellent condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Communication and Listening skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position is performed in outside weather conditions including a broad range of temperatures, rain, sleet, snow, wind and high humidity. Muddy or icy conditions on both roads and jobsites may be encountered.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to both listen and effectively speak with customers. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling and climbing throughout the day. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid CDL license or CDL learners permit
- Clean driving record and must obtain/ maintain their medical (health) card
- Must be able to pass initial and random DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Competitive Wages
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
Qualified applicants considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or other protected status.
Call the office at 605-543-6760 to inquire about job openings.'
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- cdl driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location