- Coordinate and expedited the flow and work materials within the research Duties include reviewing and distributing work; conferring with other research nurses, research assistants, nursing supervisor, research regulatory personnel and program managers to determine progress of work and completion dates.
- Provide professional assistance to investigators in the combat casualty care research program in the preparation, conduct and documentation of human subjects’ research.
- Work with the Institutional Review Board of records to coordinate the execution of research.
- Work within the trauma critical care unit, emergency department and burn center critical care/intermediate care units, operating room and outpatients care environment to consent subjects and collect approved research data.
- Work directly with patients for research interventions (e.g.coordinating administration of medications,blood draws,dressing changes,) that are stated within the protocols and obtain informed consent for participation in studies in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations andGood Clinical Practice Regulations.
- Process and ship specimens; record clinical data to include use of computerized data acquisition systems.
- Review data from a variety of sources to ensure accuracy;develop and use record keeping systems to ensure data integrity and participates in the analysis of reports.
- Report progress of research and participate in the ongoing review of research to ensure regulatory compliance,patient safety,and scientific quality and progress
- Conduct human research under the USAISR Assurance and Human Research Protection Program adhering to all of its requirements
- Applicant must have the ability to keep large amounts of disparate data organized
- Ability to keep track on the progress of data across time
- Experience using Excel, MS Word, web-based forms, and Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Research Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)