The Cultivation Manager is primarily responsible for complete oversight of all cultivation activities including correct propagation, vegetation, and harvesting of medical marijuana. Responsible for oversight of all Cultivation Technicians ensuring that the facility is safe and compliant with OSHA and state regulations. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring all company policies are upheld and all company-provided standard operating procedures are adhered to. Responsible for supervising all phases of cultivation operations including: regulatory compliance to Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana state law regarding production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate Team Member activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, timesheets and recordkeeping
- Coordinate growing activities with other departments such as manufacturing , packaging and sales to ensure inventory needs are always met
- Record information, such as production, cultivation management practices, to better prepare reports
- Determine procedural changes in harvesting, drying, grading, storage and shipment for greater quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Plan and direct development and production of plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics
- Assess requested needs for facility such as machinery, equipment and supplies
- Assure all cultivation procedures are executed properly and efficiently
- Responsible for production and scheduling of all manufacturing duties, including planning from all stages and aspects of growth
- Maintain the efficiency of all necessary steps and procedures of the manufacturing and addresses any issues of which may arise
- Ensure all new employees are trained in proper and preferred plant care techniques
- Responsible for randomly selecting medical cannabis and send them to the external testing facility
- Maintain company cultivation facility procedures
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low
- Catalogue and analyze each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting using seed to sale system
- Ensure all weighing and recording of data is accurate
- Schedule all manufacturing duties for all stages and aspects of growth
- Promote positive employee relations.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
Physical Activities and Additional Requirements:
- Bachelors of Agriculture preferred
- 5+ years horticultural experience in a commercial greenhouse, experience with Medical Cannabis preferred
- Ability to grow and enhance the business through operational processes, employee and staff capabilities, and financial performance
- Experience overseeing daily operations of a medicinal cannabis grow
- Experience creating and refining processes for a high-growth company
- Experience building teams and hiring/firing
- Proven track record of strategic planning and driving revenue
- Experienced in creating, presenting, and performing within defined annual budgets
- Experience creating and reporting key performance indicators, weekly/bi-weekly metrics executive summaries
- Experienced in managing formal performance appraisal programs for Team Members, as well as identifying and developing high potential employees
- Excellent mathematical, language and reasoning skills
- Experience in the fundamentals of plant biology preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years or older.
- Must Not Be Afraid of heights; grow room employees may be asked to use a scissor lift as high as 20ft. standing 6 hours at this height per shift.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. of weight at any given time without assistance
- Able to stand on their feet for at least 8 hours a day with constant movement
- Required to work with hazardous chemicals and to wear appropriate clothing.
- Requires some variable hours and on call after business hours to meet the needs of the business
- Local travel for business purposes and occasional overnight travel for events, training, etc may also be required
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug test
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience
- All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans, individuals with disabilities and residents of Fayette County are encouraged to apply and will be given hiring preference
- This is a full-time, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and a generous benefits package.