Barnes & Noble is looking for a talented UX Designer to design new and existing creative - this includes consumer facing digital products for desktop and mobile. You will be developing graphic interfaces and wireframes to allow simplicity of use for customers. Knowledge of latest UX/UI design principles to solve complex usability issues with simple design solutions is key. You will collaborate with both business and technical teams to identify design requirements and integrate user feedback and overall product direction to create a seamless customer experience. You must be able to present ideas to a variety of audiences and discuss the design process in detail.
- Design and maintain consistent, intuitive experiences across all our desktop and mobile products.
- Design responsive and adoptive web user-interfaces.
- Design Android and iOS applications.
- Collaborate closely with the art director, product managers, merchandisers, and front-end development team to move projects from concept to final implementation.
- Develop usability standards and design guidelines, put together wireframes, flowchart, spec sheets, and style guide documentation.
- Create HTML and motion-graphic prototypes to better demonstrate designs.
- Participate in user centric A/B tests.
- Support any seasonal company initiatives.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial)
- 4+ years of experience in interactive design, multimedia design, and or web design
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Keynote, Sketch, InVision
- Exceptional portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, color, layout graphic design skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills