The Product Manager for Fiber Optics will be the key fiber optic product line business champion who will conduct the business management with overall accountability for technical direction, marketing strategy, and profitability for the product family.
- Work with the corporate management team to plan and execute a global business plan.
- Responsible for representing the state of the industry, current product requirements, market trends and developing a product development roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and understand competitive product definitions and product placement within a competitive marketplace.
- Manage internal processes to develop strategic business case product initiatives and provide make/buy/ partner recommendations.
- Lead all internal departments’ activities and discussions around the Fiber Business Unit to ensure timely delivery or product and projects, Planning, QC, Manufacturing, Engineering, Shipping, as an example.
- Manage and be accountable for the gross profit of the fiber optic business.
- Drive business development activities with the sales teams to drive sales growth, product positioning and training.
- Respond to all request for quotations and requests for product information.
- Assist sales organizations and Applications Engineering by providing training material, technical sales support, and market knowledge.
- Participate in industry committees and industry initiatives.
- Represent Channell when traveling to customers, trade shows and customer seminars.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% globally.
- Reports to Director of Fiber Development.
- Extensive knowledge of the telecommunications industry with preferred 5-year product line responsibility which included pricing, vendor management, and gross profitability of a product family.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or business management.
- Telecom fiber optic work experience including product line management for a manufacturer.
- Worked directly for a manufacturer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Optical: 5 years (Required)