The Estimator works with the project team to estimate work for the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back up for estimates figures.
- Interact with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with a general contractor is required.
- 6 Years estimating experience required.
- Experience estimating Job Order Contract work preferred.
- Ability to manage project and personnel simultaneously.
- Knowledge of construction, design, cost reporting and cash flow management.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Project Management, Scheduling, good communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
Education and Training:
- B.S in Construction Management or Engineering and / or 6+ years of construction experience.
F.H. Paschen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 6 years (Required)
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Required)