For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking Commercial Banking Relationship Manager (RM) in Houston, Texas. This position handles needs for a wide array of borrowers with different credit structures and depository requirements. The RM will demonstrate strong underwriting and origination skills as well as have an established network of client relationships. The candidate will have increasing levels of experience with the Bank’s credit policy and procedures on underwriting loans/credits. The candidate will acquire, manage, and retain meaningful relationships.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Utilizes a high degree of creativity and independence in developing and managing a large portfolio of diverse and complex energy banking relationships to middle-market firms.
- Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the Bank in developing and retaining business.
- Demonstrates solid energy finance product and operational knowledge.
- Possesses excellent energy specific general operations and industry knowledge.
- Utilizes excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Responsible for attaining established individual, department, and Bank financial goals.
- Coordinate the entire business origination, closing and client servicing to meet bank’s excellence of service standards.
- Oversee the creation of Credit Request Memos (CCR) in the portfolio management group for submittal to the line management and credit supervision seeking credit approval.
- Oversee underwriting, monitoring and forecasting for all directly originated loans.
- Develop relationships with Center of Influence in the industry and other business referral sources in order to locate credit worthy prospects for loans.
- May serve as a senior lender liaison to the department head for supervision of staff and projects.
To be considered, we are seeking the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor or preferred Master degree in Finance, Management or a related field.
- Preferred completion to a corporate or other formal credit training program.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience.
- Must have demonstrated track record to sell and build relationships with C-level executives.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill set and ability to positively effect a healthy, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in sales, networking, negotiation, business acumen, relationship building and execution of responsibilities.
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Significant writing and group presentation skills.
- Be a critical thinker, capable of developing strategy and making recommendations to management for advancement of bank’s objectives.