The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects in the areas of education, health, workforce, and international development, among others. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for federal and state government organizations, foundations, and the private sector. AIR's vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
AIR’s Summer Internship and Fellowship Program is designed to identify, attract and hire the best collegiate talent that will drive creativity and innovation while enabling the organization to create a diverse and skilled talent pool. Spanning 10 – 12 weeks, AIR’s paid summer program provides Interns and Scholars with various learning and networking opportunities that enhance their skillset and build, lasting professional connections.
AIR is currently seeking Research Associate Interns to join our Professional Services team during our 2019 Summer Internship and Fellowship Program.
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals
- Assist staff in the review, identification and development of scholarly information describing research findings
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and review of research and evaluation data
- Develop spreadsheets and data bases to support project activities
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
- Currently seeking a Master's degree in such fields as economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, computer science, public policy, public health or other social science related fields.
- Experience with and / or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of program administrative data, and conduct of structured interviews, observations, and focus groups
- Ability to use statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata to analyze data – a plus (not required)
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team