It is the mission of Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to provide an opportunity for career development and growth for all Associates by providing the highest quality products and services, while exceeding the expectations of our customers and communities in which we serve.
Learn more about us at GoGeisel.com
Position Title: HVAC Service Technician (Residential)
Service Location: Cleveland, Oh Metro
Job Category: HVAC Service Technician (Residential)
Responsible for diagnoses, service, and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, hydronic and steam theory, and modern control techniques. Diagnose and repair residential generators and related accessories.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications, to diagnose, and repair HVAC equipment.
- Uses power tools, Windows computers, smart phones and tablets
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and repairs instruments and products at a customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, repairs, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Documents work by completing electronic work order on each job and maintaining files.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Keeps current on all installed products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Work in rotation with other technicians to cover a 24/7 service department schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and entrepreneurial in nature.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Customer relationship-development and client retention experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact effectively face to face.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans and working drawings.
Education and/or Experience Required:
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of two to five years’ experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must be familiar with various residential HVAC products.
A valid driver's license, NATE Certification, and EPA Approved Universal Technician Certification is required.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Reports To: Service Manager and Dispatchers
Normal Hours: 8:00 – 5:00
- Major medical plan options
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Tool Purchase Account
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Training
- Apparel Program
Pre-employment testing for all candidates is required. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: