NutraBlend Foods Health & Nutrition, a growing sports nutrition manufacturer that deals primarily in the development and private labeling of dietary products, is currently seeking an Inventory and Continuous Improvement Supervisor for our Lancaster, New York facility.
The incoming Inventory and Continuous Improvement Superstar will be an important addition to our team, overseeing and energizing a small team of 3-5 people in the inventory department with the responsibility of ensuring data integrity at all times. The successful candidate should have an eye for detail, high standard for organization and a passion for metrics and reporting and special continuous improvement projects.
Do you have your finger over the apply button? If no, keep reading!
- Manage inventory within the ERP system to ensure accuracy at all times by utilizing cycle counts, regular review of material practices and process updates as required
- Develop and maintain departmental Key Performance Indicators to ensure accurate data records are generated and reviewed with the management team in a routine manner
- Work with the inventory team and third-party warehousing group regularly, to keep data records updated in relation to inventory discrepancies
- Investigate all stockouts and shortages for root-cause solutions
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures as relevant to inventory and material flow
- Document existing and future state material flow patterns highlighting inefficient trends to provide corrective actions and ensure continuous improvement
- Assist in implementing lean manufacturing practices throughout the warehouse: 5S, JIT, Visual Management, Kaizen
- Generate ADHOC reports from ERP/MRP systems and historical data as required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role required
- Post-Secondary Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience as a supervisor required
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing practices required
- Able to create and modify AD HOC reports
- Strong analytic skills and a knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP and Lean Manufacturing experience required
- High level problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task, respond to rapid change; organize, prioritize, and perform work with minimal supervision
We value creative thinkers, innovators and thought-leaders and welcome those with a passion and drive that prove they want to make a difference! We believe in FUN and in living our brand, and it comes to life in our products and culture. We offer a competitive salary, health and welfare benefits, provide a 401 (k) Savings Plan and paid vacations and holidays. Sound like a company you could really add some value to? Apply Now!
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Management: 5 years
- Supervisor: 3 years
Required work authorization: