Position: IT Engineer (Network and Systems Engineer)
Our team seeks a motivated, knowledgeable, and talented Service Engineer, you will support and provide maintenance for enterprise-wide physical security projects. You will triage inbound tickets and support field staff as requested. You will be an integral part of the team and will aid the company in achieving its mission of protecting the people, facilities, and assets of our clients. You will be part of the service engineering team that is geared to providing technical ownership of security solutions for our customers.
Local commutable candidates to the Lehigh Valley, PA Only (No 3rd party applications)
- Troubleshooting, and programming of commercial / enterprise-wide access control systems, IP CCTV systems, wireless networks and intrusion detection systems
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Assisting in dispatch of field technicians based on need while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitor network performance and tune for maximum availability and reliability
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups as required.
- Monitor proactively for system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Assist post-sales engineering and project management as necessary with technical issues & redesigns
- Maintain detailed and accurate notations of configuration management of client sites.
- Assure all service communication and documentation is accurate and complete
- Complete internal projects as assigned.
- Cultivate client relationships into partnerships.
- Maintain and develop a healthy and positive team culture.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- IT Technical experience, IP Networking (TCP/IP), Switching, Firewall, Microsoft Platforms, Linux Platforms, Storage Arrays, SAN/NAS Technologies, Wireless Infrastructures.
- Experience with Access Control & CCTV systems in a commercial environment preferred.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work well independently and in team settings
- Previous experience in IT, security or systems support, or network administrator positions preferred
- Additional certifications preferred, such as
o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)o Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)o CompTIA Network+
- Retain familiarity with various network types including LANs, WANs, WLANs, SANs, and VoIP networks
- Increase job knowledge through continuing education and professional development opportunities, attend conferences, and read professional industry publications
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent mechanical, analytical, and problem-solving skillsPhysical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Position requires pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to temperature changes, heights, small spaces including confined spaces
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests & background checks
Company 401k with a 100% match on the first 6% of contributions (subject to company policy)
Salary increases based on job performance, ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility, completion of relevant manufacturer certifications and overall state of the company
Flexible vacation / paid time off (subject to company policy)
Personalized scheduling for work/life balance
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits, STD, LTD, Life, and AD&D Insurance
Professional development plan designed to help you achieve your professional goals
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: One location