- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in technically leading software development teams
- Proficiency in at least one of the modern programming languages such as Java, C#, or Python
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable and robust code
- Ability to lead a team of software engineers during the development of a service
- Highly autonomous, detail oriented and possesses strong written and communication skills
Our product replaces existing load balancer concepts with a managed service that reduces cognitive burden for Amazon developers. We enable Amazon’s internal developers to improve time-to-market and service availability by automating best practices and architecture for service interactions.
We are part of the Amazon.com e-commerce foundational technology team, which means our software powers one of the largest e-commerce engines in the world. If you want to be part of a team that makes a difference on a large scale, this is it.
We are looking for bright and passionate engineers to join our talented engineering team. In this role you will tackle deep distributed computing problems, write code with tight performance requirements (latency, memory), and deliver software that impacts services across all of Amazon.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of developing highly distributed systems using Agile and incremental delivery methods. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that same software achieve its goals in operational reality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's/Doctorate degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules